QK's Playlist at the Moment

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ohh My Aching Bones: A Rant

































Yesterday, I went to Hurley's Walk the Walk fashion competition, and let me just say it's not one of the best events I've been to. It was unbelievably hot and there were half naked sweaty teenagers rubbing past you to get through the immense crowds. My sister, my BFF, and I edged ourselves near the front of the runway/stage near a group of obnoxious teens. What drew me off the wall was that they began smoking and asking other people if they had weed, not aware of the fact the rest of the nonsmokers would suffer secondhand smoking. We were just appalled at what our generation had come to, so we just bailed and went near the back. Even in the back people were smoking pipes and such; from the back we could see smoke rising in particular areas (one in the area we were just in). Nobody, not even parents nor staff did anything. The music was all rap (which I detest except if it's Kanye), but Shwayze was great. During Shwayze's performance, a catfight broke out between two girls near the front (also the area we were in before) and Shwayze stopped the performance to get them to stop. Oh the event was hosted by Sal Masekela and the celeb panel of judges consisted of : Scott Eastwood (son of Clint Eastwood), Wilmar Valderama, and 90210's Adam Gregory just to name a few. Lincoln HighSchool from San Diego won the competition. I came home sore and tired. I ached all over. That was my rant of the day. Hopefully, there shouldn't be anymore rant posts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment