QK's Playlist at the Moment

Friday, August 14, 2009

The Vintner's Luck



"The fateful meeting between man and angel occurs on June 27. After an evening during which Sobran spills all his troubles and Xas gently advises him, the angel promises to return on the same night next year to toast Sobran's marriage. Thus begins a friendship that will last for 55 years, spanning marriages, wars, births, deaths, and even the vast distances between heaven, earth, and hell. In addition to the wonderfully flawed Sobran and his mysterious angel, Knox brilliantly limns secondary characters who are deeply sympathetic--from Sobran's unstable wife, Celeste, and his troubled brother, Leon, to his dear friend and confidante, the Baroness Aurora. Love, murder, madness, and a singular theology that would make a believer out of the most hardened atheist all add up, in The Vintner's Luck, to a novel that will break your heart yet leave you wishing for more." --Alix Wilber (from amazon.com review)

I have got to say this movie looks interesting (in a good way of course). I have yet to read the book by Elizabeth Knox, but I know I would love it. The movie is going to play at the Toronto International Film Festival, but I don't know when or if it releases in the US. I also heard some criticisms that some of the main key points of the book weren't addressed in the movie. Anyways, I believe Gaspard(Xas) looks incredibly angelic (you know because he plays the angel, Xas; okay lame joke, but you get what I'm trying to say.)


0 comments:

Post a Comment